Important Note: When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Content, pricing, offers and availability are subject to change at any time - more info.
Old Navy is a clothing and accessories store owned by Gap Inc in the US. It caters to men, women, and kids. The store’s return policy is quite fair if you purchased something you don’t like or are unhappy with.
You can return an item you purchased in-store at Old Navy within 45 days. If you order online, you can return the item with the packing slip within 45 days of the delivery date. There are no shipping fees for returns or exchanges. All purchased items must be in the condition you bought them.
Let’s look at Old Navy’s return policy. This guide will inform you of the details and instructions on how to return any item purchased from this store properly.
- Old Navy’s Return Policy
- How To Return An Item To Old Navy
- Items From Old Navy You Can Return
- Abusing Old Navy’s Return Policy
- It’s Easy To Return Your Items
Old Navy’s Return Policy
Sometimes we buy items we are not satisfied with or won’t use. If, by any chance, you’re not happy with your purchase, you can get a refund from Old Navy within 45 days of your purchase date. But only if the item is in its original condition. The clothing should be unworn and unwashed. If not, you will not receive a refund.
You will receive a full refund if you return the item within 45 days. The clothing should be in its original condition. There is no shipping fee when returning or exchanging items bought online if you want to return them via mail.
Old Navy also has an extended holiday return policy. You can return items you purchase online or in stores between Oct 24th and Dec 24th by Jan 15th or 45 days after buying the item, whichever is later.
The items you purchase and return by mail need to arrive at Old Navy’s facility by Jan 15th, or 45 days after your purchase, whichever is later. You need to allow five to seven days for return mail. Proof of purchase is required.
|Can You Request a Refund Via||Yes/No|
How To Return An Item To Old Navy
It is pretty easy to return an item you purchased from Old Navy.
- If you purchased the item in-store or online, you could go to the nearest Old Navy Store with the item you want to return or exchange.
- Make sure the item is in the package it was delivered.
- Take the shipping confirmation email (printed or on a mobile device) or the original credit/debit card you used to purchase the item.
- Tell a sales assistant you want to return the item for a refund.
Old Navy will refund the amount to the original payment method, e.g., the credit or debit card used for the purchase. If the refund is sent to your credit card, your credit card company may take up to 10 additional business days to process the refund.
If you ordered online and would like to return the order for a refund by email, do the following:
- Begin your return by creating a prepaid UPS label by going to this site.
- Enter your order number and email.
- Prepare your package. Put the item you want to return securely in the original package if you can.
- Include your packing slip which is generated via the interactive returns process.
- Include the shipping label on the package and ensure no other tracking labels are showing.
- For the U.S. Postal Service, please give it to your mail deliverer. You can drop it off for delivery at your nearest post office or schedule a free pick-up at home.
- For UPS, you can leave it at your nearest UPS location.
- Old Navy does not accept COD deliveries. If you choose not to use their prepaid shipping label, shipment is at your own expense. The store also does not refund original shipping and handling charges.
Old Navy refunds the cost of the returned merchandise as soon as they receive the package. After receiving the delivery, they will email you confirmation of the completion of the return.
The store will refund you via the form of original payment, such as the credit or debit card you used to purchase the item. If the refund is applied to your bank card, your credit card company may take about ten additional working days to send the refund to your account.
If you would like to return a gift, Old Navy will help you exchange the item or return it. In its place, you will receive an Options gift card for the original price paid. You can use this gift card in-store or online at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, or Athleta. If you return a gift card, the value will be credited to the original form of payment, like the credit card used for the purchase.
Items From Old Navy You Can Return
All items in their original condition: unwashed and unworn can be returned. They will not accept items that are not in this condition. Masks and final sale items cannot be returned or exchanged. You can only return swimwear if it still has its hygienic liner and original price tag intact.
Abusing Old Navy’s Return Policy
To return an item successfully, you need to satisfy the following conditions first:
- It is required that the item is in its original condition, meaning it must be unworn and unwashed.
- You should pack the item in its original packaging if possible.
It is therefore not possible to abuse their policy. The moment a piece of clothing or accessories is damaged, they will not refund you. You also cannot return swimwear where the hygienic liner is not intact, and you also cannot return masks.
It’s Easy To Return Your Items
Old Navy has a fair return policy of 45 days if your item is in its original condition. Their extended policy during the holidays makes it easier for you to return items.
In order to return an item, you need proof of purchase to prove you bought the item from the store; otherwise, you won’t receive a refund or exchange. And there you have it! A complete guide to Old Navy’s s return policy.