Important Note: When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Content, pricing, offers and availability are subject to change at any time -.
We’re discussing the Temu affiliate program and how it can help you earn some extra cash!
Now, if you’re like me, you’re always on the lookout for ways to make a little more money. And that’s where the Temu affiliate program comes in. Temu is always looking for content creators, just like you, to help spread the word about their product and they’ll reward you for it. But is it worth it to promote using the Temu affiliate program?
The Temu affiliate program has a generous structure of up to 20% compared to Amazon and other major retailers. Overall it is very much worth it. However, the Temu affiliate program is only focused on rewarding new user sign ups and not returning shoppers. This will make it harder to earn money once your audience is with already with Temu.
If you’re thinking about joining the Temu program, stick around. We’ve got all the information you need to make an informed decision. Let’s get started!
What Is the Temu Affiliate Program?
First things first, what is an affiliate program? Well, simply put, it’s a way for you to make money by promoting someone else’s product or service. As an affiliate, you’ll earn a commission for every sale that is made through your unique referral link.
The Temu affiliate program is a way for you to make money by promoting Temu’s products to your audience. You’ll get a commission for each purchase made by someone who clicks on your unique referral link. And you’ll get an additional reward for each new user who downloads the Temu App through your code or link which is a unique twist that not all retailers provide. It’s a great way to earn some extra cash and share products you believe in if you think you’re audience will enjoy it.
How to Become an Temu Affiliate?
Becoming a Temu affiliate is actually fairly easy compared to other programs. You don’t need any special qualifications or to fill out any confusing tax forms. All you do is register or use your own normal Temu account and visit the “Affiliate & Influencer” section (usually in the footer of Temu’s website) then simply hit the “Sign Up” button to activate the program. You can also use an invitation link to automatically enroll in the program upon creating a new Temu account. At the time of this writing, all new affiliate accounts get a $5 bonus for joining. Once you are enrolled, it will take you to the Affiliate Program Dashboard where you can get your exclusive link or code to start earning and also see how you are doing earnings wise in the program. It’s one of the easiest affiliate programs to join I’ve ever seen.
What Is the Temu Affiliate Program Commission Rate?
Temu’s affiliate program has a simple and straightforward commission rate. Here are all the current ways you can earn commission:
- You’ll get a $5 reward for each new user who downloads the Temu App through your code.
- You earn on each sale made by any new registered user who clicks through your unique referral link. The amount you earn depends on the actual purchase amount. Here are the commission rates for the Temu affiliate program, broken down by the purchase amount:
- $0.00 – $49.99: 5% commission
- $50.00 – $99.99: 10% commission
- $100.00 or more: 20% commission
- You earn $10 for inviting new affiliates when they make their first commission
- There are ongoing bonus campaigns where you can earn more for signing up new users. For example, at the time of this writing there is a bonus camapaign where you can get a $5 bonus for referring 3 new users, $30 bonus for 10 new users or $200 for 50 new users. These bonus campaigns likely change all the time to keep affiliates motivated.
These commissions look great compared to Amazon, Walmart, Target and other programs, right? There is one major limitation to how you can earn commissions to be aware of: you do not earn any commissions for existing Temu users who make a purchase. This makes the commission structure look a little less great because it is focused on new users only. I’ve been told there will be ways to earn from existing Temu users in the future on specific products or for bonus promotions. However, at the time of this writing there are currently zero ways to earn for sending existing users back to Temu.
How & When Do You Get Paid?
Getting paid from the Temu Affiliate program is pretty easy and painless once you reach the $20 minimum limit. To get paid, you’ll need to provide and verify your PayPal account and, in some cases, your mobile phone number. It may take up to 2 business days to review your eligibility and verify your payment before it’s sent. Most payments are near instant from my experience. Currently, PayPal is the only way to get paid for your commissions.
Let’s break down the three events where you earn a commission with the Temu affiliate program and when they’re paid out:
|When You Get Paid
|Commission added to pending account within 12 hours of order, transferred to cash account 3 days after delivery.
|Temu App Download
|Reward added to cash account within 12 hours.
|Affiliate Sign Up
|Reward added to pending account immediately, transferred to cash account after referred affiliate makes their first commission within 30 days of registration.
For more advanced affiliates: Wondering what the cookie duration time window is? This is currently unclear. However, most of the shortest expiring cookies are set to expire in 30 days upon inspection and one can infer it is 30 days based on the 30 day expiration that is communicated about the affiliate sign ups. But be aware, this is pending confirmation.
Positives of the Temu Affiliate Program
- There are no requirements to become an affiliate, making it very easy to get started.
- You can earn up to 20% commission and you earn a reward for app downloads on top of that which is an attractive structure.
- The program offers a user-friendly platform with tools and resources to help you promote Temu effectively.
- Temu has a dedicated affiliate team to answer any questions you may have via email.
- You can withdraw your earnings once you reach the $20 minimum payout threshold via PayPal which is a low to normal threshold. There is also a very short time period where the cash is able to be withdrawn which is a significant advantage over other affiliate programs.
- There are bonus promotions offered all the time, allowing you to earn even more to keep you motivated.
Negatives & Risks of the Temu Affiliate Program
- There are no rewards for driving purchases of returning shoppers at this time. You will need to continually attract new users to maintain your earnings level.
- Saturation is a real long term risk of this program because Temu is heavily advertising and growing rapidly in the US already. Anyone else see that Superbowl ad? Recently, Ibotta ended their affiliate program because almost everyone who wants their mobile app was using it already. And Ibotta had a similar incentive structure to only pay on new users signing up.
- The program can be shut down or commissions be lowered at any time like any other affiliate program.
- There is also a low, but non-zero geopolitical risk that the Temu app could be banned or removed from app stores, which could impact the program’s long-term viability.
- There are no advanced tracking or capabilities for more experienced or technical affiliates.
Temu Affiliate vs. Other Programs
Temu is a growing brand that offers a good commission structure, competitive low prices, a vast selection of products, and an easy-to-use website and app with fun incentives. This makes it a great product for users, and a program most affiliates would want to promote. However, unlike some other programs like Amazon and Walmart, Temu doesn’t offer commissions for returning users. This means that if your audience is already using Temu, your earning potential may be limited. Nonetheless, it’s still worth considering Temu as a viable affiliate program. Just be aware of the pros and cons before promoting it.
We hope this overview of the Temu affiliate program was helpful. If you need more information or have any questions, please feel free to drop us a note through our contact page.