Important Note: When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Content, pricing, offers and availability are subject to change at any time - more info.
While living a vegan lifestyle need not cost a fortune, some vegan products can be pretty expensive. Vegan meat and dairy alternatives are particularly pricey, and it is no secret that a great-tasting vegan cheese is hard to come by. Wouldn’t it be fantastic if you could try some of these vegan products for free before purchasing?
Our 11 Top resources for free vegan products are below.
Table of Contents
- Key Takeaways
- How To Get Free Vegan Products
- 1. Sign Up For Vegan Challenges
- 2. Subscribe To Vegan News Sites
- 3. Follow Vegan Brands On Social Media
- 4. Sign Up For Product Testing At Social Nature
- 5. Go To Vegan Events
- 6. Sample An Energy Bar From EnergiOne
- 7. Rewards Programs By Non-Vegan Businesses
- 8. Grab Some Freebies At Nutritiously
- 9. Reach Out To Vegan Brands
- 10. Organize A Vegan Sampling Event
- 11. Start An Online Platform Reviewing Vegan Products
- Related Questions
- Many vegan organizations offer free challenges that include digital products such as meal plans, nutritional guides, and recipes.
- Vegan brands regularly run competitions and giveaways on social media. Following and entering giveaways of smaller, local brands significantly improves your chances of winning.
- Becoming a product-tester for Social Nature is one of the easiest ways to receive vegan products for free.
- While starting an online platform may not be the easiest initially, it is the best long-term strategy to receive a regular supply of vegan products. This approach is most appealing because you can decide on your niche.
How To Get Free Vegan Products
Everyone loves free stuff, but finding them is not so much fun! To save you all the trouble, we have compiled a list of the best ways to get free or cheap vegan products. So, without further ado, let’s dive right in!
1. Sign Up For Vegan Challenges
There is no shortage of sites offering vegan challenges, as this is one of the best ways to introduce people to veganism. The challenges are usually for one month and include free recipes, nutritional resources, and other beneficial information.
Peta, Plant-based Treaty, and Pro-veg International are all celebrated challenges. Veganuary is among the most well-known challenges, followed by thousands across the globe. They offer a digital celebrity cookbook and meal plans, all completely free!
The 30-day challenge of Veganbootcamp includes a reward program where you earn “coins” that can be used in physical stores to get discounts on vegan products.
2. Subscribe To Vegan News Sites
There are a few benefits to subscribing to vegan news sites. Email subscribers are often the first to know of any new vegan products launching soon. Usually, the brands will offer free samples as part of their promotions, as Burger King recently did in the UK.
Many of these sites have a competition page on their website. The Vegan Society regularly runs competitions on their website, giving away great products as prizes.
3. Follow Vegan Brands On Social Media
If you are interested in vegan products, you are likely already following a few vegan brands. Brands on social media, vegan and non-vegan alike, run competitions and giveaways to gain followers or build hype around new products.
All you need to do to enter the giveaway most of the time is to like the post, tag a friend or two, and share the post with your audience. Super easy! Given that a tiny percentage of the global population is vegan, your chances are significantly better than in regular competitions.
The key here is to follow local brands. The smaller, the better. Smaller vegan businesses will likely have a smaller following, which means even less competition!
4. Sign Up For Product Testing At Social Nature
Becoming a product tester at Social Nature is hassle-free! Not only do they send you samples to test and review, but they also offer discount codes on certain products. The filter function makes their website easy to navigate and select the products that interest you.
Caution: They also offer vegetarian products, so be sure to select the vegan filter when you search.
5. Go To Vegan Events
Many festivals, markets, and events offer free samples for passers-by to try. Even more so at vegan events, which are often trying to entice non-vegans to try vegan products and see for themselves that it is tasty.
6. Sample An Energy Bar From EnergiOne
Request a free energy bar from EnergiOne by filling in the form on their website. They only ask for feedback by email in return.
7. Rewards Programs By Non-Vegan Businesses
As veganism is becoming more mainstream, more and more businesses offer vegan options. Many non-vegan companies, such as Baskin Robbins, Ben & Jerry’s, and Starbucks, offer discounts or free birthday products to those in the rewards program, often with the option to select the vegan version.
8. Grab Some Freebies At Nutritiously
While Nutritiously also offers a vegan starter kit, it is not free. However, they provide a one-week weight loss challenge, a 7-day meal plan e-book, and an email course, all for free. They also have a free resource library for their subscribers.
9. Reach Out To Vegan Brands
You may be surprised at the positive response you can get simply by reaching out to vegan brands directly. It is best to approach brands that you have tried in the past. Brands are much more inclined to send you a sample if you have provided them with a review or valuable feedback on the products that you have tried.
10. Organize A Vegan Sampling Event
Enticing non-vegans with delicious food can be more effective than other forms of activism. Organizations such as VegFund offer grants to those interested in hosting events. You will have the opportunity to introduce veganism to your community while simultaneously trying a few different vegan products.
11. Start An Online Platform Reviewing Vegan Products
Last but not least, you can start your own blog reviewing vegan products. While this is one of the best ways to get a constant supply of vegan products, it does take some effort and time. However, once you have built a following and reviewed a few products, brands will start reaching out to you!
While food is a popular choice, considering how expensive some vegan alternatives can be, you can review beauty products, clothing, or even home cleaning supplies.
Now that you have a handy list of where to find free vegan products, you may wonder what the simplest way is to get free vegan products. Are there other ways not mentioned in the list above?
What Is The Simplest Way To Get Free Vegan Products?
The easiest way to get vegan products is by signing up to be a product-tester at Social Nature. The sign-up process is straightforward, they ship the products to you, and you have the option to select which type of products interest you.
Another easy method is to enter giveaways on social media. You likely check your social media daily, and taking the few steps requested to enter the giveaway only takes a few minutes.