NYC Property Owners can liven up their streets and add beauty to the area by requesting that a free street tree be planted. A Parks Forester will survey the location to ensure it is a suitable site for the tree to thrive. You can make a request for existing empty tree beds as well as paved sidewalk locations.
Note: This service cannot be used by individuals attempting to fulfil a City Planting Requirement, and Parks does not plant on private property. You can view street tree planting guidelines here.
How to request a free street tree:
- Visit the company’s website by clicking “Get This Offer (External Website)”.
- Hit “Submit A Request.”
- Select “I would like to have a tree planted along the street” where it says “Tree Planting Request” on the right side of the screen.
- Add any additional information you feel is needed.
- Add your billing number and street name, borough, contact information and address.
- Hit “Submit” to complete your request for a free tree, and you will receive a confirmation number.
- You can check the status of your request by calling 311 or online here. Make sure you have your confirmation number on hand.
* All requests are handled on a first-come, first-served basis, and may take longer than a year.