Some Joy-Cons have experienced problems where controllers drift on the screen without you touching them. Nintendo is offering users free repairs, or if you previously paid the $40 repair charges you can get a refund on your money. You also don’t need to confirm your warranty status. Just complete one repair form, even for multiple Joy-Cons.
Note: if your Joy-Con can’t be repaired, it may be replaced with a standard color Joy-Con (Gray, Neon Blue, or Neon Red).
How to get your free repair or refund:
- Visit the company’s website by clicking “Get This Offer (External Website)”.
- Enter your name, contact information and address.
- Add the system serial number (if the Joy-Con came with a Switch).
- Share your question or issue in the message box and indicate the Joy-Con color and whether it is a left Joy-Con or a right Joy-Con.
- Hit “Submit Ticket” and you will be contacted within 24 hours.
- When the repair is set up you’ll receive an additional email with your repair order number, packaging instructions and a link to your shipping label!
* Terms and conditions apply.