This guide from SAMHSA is compiled to build cultural awareness so that American Indian and Alaska Native communities can be served with competence and respect. The guide covers such topics as regional differences, communication, cultural customs, and roles within the communities among other important aspects.
How to get a free copy:
- Visit the company’s website by clicking “Get This Offer (External Website)”
- Click on “Order Publication.”
- Highlight the submission form’s text and copy into an email if you are using Internet Explorer.
- Chrome and Firefox users can click “Copy Order Information” at the bottom of the page and then paste into an email.
- Emails should be addressed to [email protected]
- Complete the order form with your name, contact information, the number of copies you would like and your mailing address.
- You will receive a confirmation email and your free guide will be delivered to you.
You can also download a digital copy (pdf) by visiting the website’s page and clicking on “AI/AN Culture Card: Building Awareness” under “Download Publication”.
* US only.