Important Note: When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Content, pricing, offers and availability are subject to change at any time - more info.
Zara is a fast fashion Spanish apparel retailer based in Galicia, Spain. The company sells clothing, accessories, shoes, swimwear, beauty, and perfumes. If you are not happy with an item you bought from Zara, you can return it for a refund.
Zara has a pretty fair return policy. You can return items you are unhappy with within 30 days of the purchase date or shipping date. You must return the merchandise in their original packaging, and you will need to have a receipt as proof of purchase.
- Zara’s Return Policy Overview
- There Are Items From Zara You Can’t Return
- Returning In-Store Or Via Mail
- How Long Does A Refund Take?
- How To Get A Copy Of Your Return Receipt
- Abusing Zara’s Return Policy
- Returning Your Items Is Easy
Zara’s Return Policy Overview
Sometimes we purchase items and realize it’s not what we wanted. If you bought something from Zara and are unhappy with your purchase, you will get a full refund or exchange if you return the item within 30 days. Returns are accepted at any store. The items you return must be new, unworn, unwashed, and unaltered for you to qualify for a refund.
Items you bought online can be returned to any Zara store. However, you can’t return items you bought in-store via mail.
If you want to return or exchange an item you purchased on Zara’s online store, you have to return it within 30 days of the date you received the se shipping confirmation email. This is different from other online stores where the 30 days only start running from the date of delivery. Shipping is free of charge. The items should have all their tags attached and be in the condition you received them.
If you don’t have the original packaging, you can seal the items in any other packaging. However, accessories must be in their original packaging for you to return them. Unsealed fragrances and cosmetics are not eligible for returns. You must have a receipt if you want to get a refund when returning any item.
If you are returning your items at a drop-off point, you have to complete the return form and attach it to the package. You can only return it at a drop-off point if you purchased the item online and not if you purchased it in-store.
|Can I Start A Zara Return Via||Yes/No|
- Swimwear without the hygiene sticker. Swimwear may only be returned if the sticker is still on.
- You are not allowed to return or exchange underwear. However you can still return tops, bodysuits, and vests from the kids’ section if they have been kept in their original packaging.
- Fragrances and cosmetics that are no longer sealed.
- Accessories that are not in their original packaging.
- Damaged or worn items.
- Personalized items.
Returning In-Store Or Via Mail
It is faster and easier to return an item in person than to mail the item. You will receive the refund or exchange immediately if you return in-store. This is what you need to do to return an item:
- You will need to return your item at a Zara store in the same region or country you purchased it.
- Take your sales receipt with you. You can either take your phone if it’s on there, take in a printed copy or show it on your Zara app. You will find the receipt under “Purchases.”
- If you return the merchandise to the store, there’s no need for you to request a return through the Zara App or website.
- Someone else can also go in your place if you can’t visit the store.
If you ordered an item online that you wish to return and there are no stores near you, follow the following steps:
- Attach the return label Zara emailed to you to the return package.
- Take the package to any drop-off point.
- If you need to return a large home item, you won’t be able to take it to a drop-off point. Contact Zara to arrange a home return.
- You have to return the item within 30 days after receiving shipping confirmation.
How Long Does A Refund Take?
If you purchased an item online and returned it for a refund via mail, your refund will only be processed after the item has arrived at Zara’s facilities. You will be refunded via the original payment method. It can take 14 days for the amount to reflect.
How To Get A Copy Of Your Return Receipt
It is easy to get a copy of your return receipt. If you have an account with Zara’s online store, log in with your username and password. Go to your order details, and you will be able to access the online receipt for the item you wish to return.
If you don’t have an account and purchased the item as a guest, you will find the receipt in one of Zara’s emails when you purchased the item.
Abusing Zara’s Return Policy
You won’t be able to abuse Zara’s return policy very easily. The company won’t refund items after 30 days, and items like swimwear need to have their hygiene sticker still in place for you to get a refund. Items must be in their original condition, and items like fragrances must be unsealed.
In order to get a refund, all items must be unworn, unwashed, and unaltered.
Returning Your Items Is Easy
Zara has a fair return policy, except for online orders where the 30 days are calculated from shipment confirmation instead of the delivery date. Most items can be returned, except items such as underwear, unsealed fragrances, worn items, and swimwear without the hygiene sticker. Accessories must be in their original packaging.
As you can see, it is pretty easy to return an item you are unhappy with. Hopefully, this article helped you understand Zara’s return policy!