You can help fight COVID-19 by making face masks for free to donate to your local hospital! Jo-Ann Fabrics and Crafts is giving customers free pieces of fabric, elastic and other materials so that you can put the masks together at home and provide to those in need. Most stores will naturally be temporarily closed, but the good news is that you can pick up the mask kits curb side, make the kits at home and then drop them off at a few select open stores.
You will be able to make the masks at home using a great video tutorial, but there will also be in-store classrooms, complete with sewing machines and instructions. These classroom tutorials will strictly adhere to CDC guidelines for social distancing and limiting the number of people who can gather in a group.
How to help:
- Visit the company’s website by clicking “Get This Offer (External Website)”.
- You can collect the kit curb side at participating stores.
- Watch the video tutorial, make your masks, and drop them off at designated stores.
- You may also attend the classrooms in-stores if you are in good health and can comply with the strict CDC guidelines.
* At participating US locations only. All CDC guidelines and local mandates must be complied with. Limited time offer.