Important Note: When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Content, pricing, offers and availability are subject to change at any time -.
Residents of Los Angeles, California can apply through City Plants to get a tree planted for free in your yard, the parkway in front of your house or building, or even the grass or dirt between your sidewalk and the street!
Simply complete an online application, and if you qualify a certified arborist will come inspect the land to determine where the tree will be planted and which type of tree would thrive best.
From there, you will be responsible for caring for the tree by watering it for 3-5 years while the roots grow.
How to get a free tree:
- Visit the company’s website by clicking “Get This Offer (External Website)”.
- Scroll down and hit “Apply Now”.
- Enter your name, contact information and address.
- Note your street type, the type of air-conditioning system your property has and if you are a homeowner.
- Leave any other information you feel is relevant in the comment box.
- Agree to the terms, add your electronic signature and hit “Submit”.
- If you qualify and if there is space for a tree, an inspector and certified arborist will come to select the best location and tree species to plant in your parkway.
- Keep your tree watered and cared for and enjoy!
* For Los Angeles residents only. Full terms and conditions apply.