You could receive a free service from Apple if you have an Apple Series 2 or Series 3 Watch that needs the screen replaced! Apple has found that a crack may form along the rounded edge of the screen in aluminum models of an Apple Watch Series 2 or Series 3 under rare circumstances.
So, an Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider will replace the screen free of charge if you have an eligible model that exhibits this type of crack.
Please note: If your Apple Watch has any damage which impairs the service, that issue will need to be repaired first. In some cases, there may be a cost associated with the repair.
These are the eligible models:
- Apple Watch Series 2
- Apple Watch Nike+ Series 2
- Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS)
- Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS+ Cellular)
- Apple Watch Nike+ Series 3 (GPS)
- Apple Watch Nike+ Series 3 (GPS+ Cellular)
How to go about the process:
- Visit the company’s website by clicking “Get This Offer (External Website)”.
- Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider.
- Or make an appointment at an Apple Retail Store.
- Or contact Apple Support to arrange mail-in service via the Apple Repair Center.
- To prepare your Apple Watch for service, please review these terms and tips before you send your Apple Watch.
- Your Apple Watch will be returned to you in approximately 5 business days!
* Apple may restrict or limit repair to the original country or region of purchase. This worldwide Apple program does not extend the standard warranty coverage of your Apple Watch. The program covers eligible aluminum models of Apple Watch Series 2 and Series 3 for three years after the first retail sale of the unit or one year from the start date of this program, whichever is longer. Full terms and conditions apply.