Discord is a cool way to interact live with friends and family online, and a good way to stay entertained during quarantine. Discord, which began as a network for gamers, has risen in popularity thanks to its awesome voice call, streaming and live chat capabilities. Now, you can watch movies with your loved ones on the platform too. Download the free desktop app, follow the instructions below, grab your popcorn and have fun!
How to Stream Movies for Free:
- Visit the company’s website by clicking “Get This Offer (External Website)”.
- For best viewing, download the free Discord desktop app.
- If you don’t already admin a Discord server, you will have to create one.
- Invite your friends and family to your server.
- Set up your voice chat room. Make sure you have a working mic and headset.
- From your server, navigate to “Settings”, then select “Game Activity”, and hit “Add It”.
- Choose the program you’ll use to watch your movie from the list. Discord will automatically detect programs that are running (your browser, Netflix, or other streaming services).
- Now, navigate to your voice chat room. There, you will see your movie’s title.
- Find and click the small TV icon below your movie’s title.
- Confirm that you want to go live.
- Your movie will stream to all in the chatroom. Enjoy!
*Movie streaming available to chatrooms of 50 people or less. Discord terms and conditions apply.