Looking for a way to make summer reading even more fun for your kids? It’s easy with all these summer reading freebies as an incentive (and maybe something for you too). Let’s break open the books on these summer reading programs for 2017.
Here are 2017’s summer reading freebies:
- Audiobook Sync: Not exactly a reading program but you can sign up and get notifications about free audiobook downloads, easy as that and even adults can do it. Learn more about it here.
- Barnes & Noble: Read any eight books and record them on the Summer Reading Journal to get a free book. Grades 1-6. Learn more about it here.
- Barefoot Books: Join and get a slew of freebies upon joining like a certificate, reading log and official club activities. Learn more about it here.
- Books-A-Million: Read 4 books from the reading challenge section in-store or online to get a free Maze Runner water bottle. Learn more about it here.
- Chuck E. Cheese: You can earn 10 free tokens for bringing in a reading calendar (among other reward calendars like a chores calendar). Learn more about it here.
- Cap Com Federal Credit Union: Kids in K through 12 can earn up to $30 ($2 per book) for reading! It also goes through Fall and Winter too. Learn more about it here.
- Half Price Books: Read up to 300 or more minutes to claim Bookworm Bucks you can spend at their store. Learn more about it here.
- H‑E‑B: Read 10 books with an adult initial by each title and your kid will get a free t-shirt. Learn more about it here.
- Meatheads Burgers: Kids who read 5 books get a free lil’ Meatheads burger. Learn more about it here.
- Pizza Hut: When in doubt, motivate with pizza. Kids K-6 can read their way to a personal one-topping pan pizza. Learn more about it here.
- Public Library Near You: Not all, but many public libraries will have a summer reading program with rewards for reading. Best to call ahead or checkout the website to make sure before you commit to a local program. Learn more about it here.
- Scholastic: Read and log minutes reading to earn virtual rewards or earn prizes. You can also compete against other schools for reading pride. Learn more about it here.
- Sylvan Learning Book Adventure: Kids from K through 8 can make book lists to earn rewards for candy, CD’s, playbooks and more! Learn more about it here.
- TD Bank: Read 10 books and get $10 for a new or existing account. Learn more about it here.
* Summer reading program rules vary by company. Most are just US only.