Important Note: When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Content, pricing, offers and availability are subject to change at any time -.
The things you need for a baby are expensive, but some of it is so essential that you cannot afford to go without. A car seat definitely makes the top of that list because it’s crucial to your baby’s safety and it is something that you should not buy second hand (they even have expiration dates, you never know which important mechanisms may not be working anymore, and you should never use a seat which has been in an accident).
Fortunately, there are programs that provide free car seats, and car seats at a reduced price, for families who need them.
How to get a free or discounted car seat:
- Visit the company’s website by clicking “Get This Offer (External Website)”.
- Medicaid: You may qualify for a free car seat if you are eligible for Medicaid. You will need to take a short car seat safety course before qualifying for the free car seat if you are eligible.
- WIC: If you are enrolled in the nutrition program WIC (Women, Infants, and Children), you could get vouchers to help you purchase a new car seat. Again, you would need to do a short course on car seat safety first.
- Buckle Up for Life: This wonderful education program and collaboration between Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center and Toyota has donated over 60,000 car seats to low-income families so far. See if you qualify to take one of their child passenger safety classes to get a free car seat.
- Remember, some insurance companies do offer reimbursement of some kind for the purchase of a new car seat, so it is a good idea to check if you may have this benefit included in your plan by contacting your insurance company directly.
* US only. Full terms and conditions apply.