Babies are a big deal. And not just to your family. Retailers are almost as excited as you are because it means a new customer. So why not take advantage of all the free stuff, coupons and special deals available at this special time. Here’s our round-up of newborn and toddler freebies, deals and discounts for 2018. And don’t forget to check out our regularly updated list of free baby samples and offers right here!
Available in many states and most of Canada, a goody box of coupons and samples is available for those that attend a free baby class that covers pregnancy, baby care and health and safety issues. Taking this class could be in addition to or in place of hospital maternity classes (which also hand out a bag of goodies once you complete it). But even just signing up puts you on a list for promotions.
Currently, Baby Box University is available state-wide in Alabama, Colorado, New Jersey, Ohio, Texas and Virginia. It’s offered in several more states on a county by county basis. Check here for the latest list of participating states. Or, check with your doctor, hospital or county/city service divisions or email The Baby Box to find out if it’s available in your area.
Five dollars will get you a box of baby samples and coupons from Walmart. Different from the baby box from Walmart when you sign up for their registry, this is a subscription and you can choose the starting age – prenatal, newborn or toddler. Boxes are sent 4 times a year and you can easily cancel from your online account.
Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library will send registered children a free book each month for the first five years. The program is available in select counties in most states throughout the US. Check this map to see if you’re in an area that has the program.
Keep an eye of ValueMag for free magazine subscription offers for Parents and American Baby. You’ll need to create an account – but no credit card is required. Plus, you can earn points by taking surveys or visiting the site that are redeemable for gift cards at sites like Amazon.
Big Brands for Baby Stuff
To save on diapers, baby food and formula from big brands, create an account with any of the companies below. You’ll have access to coupons and other offers, plus, some even send a welcome gift.
- Pampers Diapers – sign up for the Pampers Rewards Program to earn points (you can scan your purchases into the Pampers app) redeemable for gifts.
- Huggies Diapers – get coupons and use their rewards program to scan your Huggies’ purchases right into their app.
- Luvs Diapers – signing up for their newsletter brings you notice of promotions, contests, and, of course, coupons.
- Gerber Baby Products – join My Gerber to receive coupons for Gerber baby products. You can also get a Gerber Baby Kit from your doctor or hospital – or by calling Gerber directly at 1-800-284-9488
- Similac Baby Formula – as a Strong Mom member, you’ll have access to over $400 in free products and discounts – customizable for your baby.
- Enfamil Baby Formula – not to be undone, Enfamil’s Family Beginnings membership offers over $400 of coupons and products. And the current sign up promotion lets you pick “belly” badges to “label” your baby’s milestones, age or holiday photos.
- Dreft – register to receive coupons, a newsletter and free sample offers for Dreft baby detergent, wipes and other household products.
- Johnson & Johnson – J&J offers a wide variety of personal care products including those for babies and kids. Create an account and you can get them on their Healthy Essentials app or by email.
- Nuk – register for exclusive savings for new Moms.
- Store Brand Formula – check this site for coupon offers on store baby brand formulas. From time to time (but not right now…), they offer coupons on major retailers’ formula brands.
- Nature’s One Formula – you can try a full size container of baby formula for the price of shipping ($5.95) – which is over half the regular price. Plus, you’ll be on the “list” for coupons.
- The Honest Company – $5.95 will get you a sample kit of your choice – and you’ll be enrolled in their subscription program. Cancel before the trial date unless you want to continue.