Black Friday (and Thanksgiving) has a few free items you can get for battling crowds and showing up first as a reward. If you are up for the intense shopping competition you can score these free items at the stores below for 2018. Happy shopping, stay safe and good luck.
How to get free items at each store:
- Barnes & Noble Cafe: Show up at Barnes and Noble’s Cafe before 10AM on Friday.
- Bass Pro Shops: On the Saturday and Sunday following Black Friday, the first 300 guests in-store will receive a mystery prize, in addition to a light-up Christmas spinner. Plus, donate a new toy to Toys for Tots on those days, and you’ll receive a free photo package. There is also a Santa Wonderland event going on with crafts and other prizes.
- Belk: The department store will give away at least 200 gift cards on Thanksgiving and at least 100 on Black Friday. They’ll be valued between $5 and $500, with one $500 winner per store each day. The cards are redeemable in-store only.
- Conn’s: Be one of the first 21 people in-store on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, and you’ll receive a scratch ticket for prizes like TV’s and gaming consoles.
- Cumberland Farms: Stop by any location on Thanksgiving and pick up a free Farmhouse Blend of Bold coffee. Get it hot or iced, in any size,
- CVS: CVS has a slew of free items you can get after ExtraBucks back.
- Gordons: Be one of the first 50 guests in line on Thursday at 5 pm local time, and you can pick up a scratch-off card worth $5, $50, or $100. Plus, the first 100 guests in line will receive a raffle ticket for a chance to win a 4-foot teddy bear.
- Half Price Books: The first 100 booklovers through the doors on Black Friday will receive a free tote bag and a $5 gift card. If that’s not enough to drag you out of bed early, one tote bag will contain a $100 gift card.
- JCPenney: Shoppers who are waiting when the doors open on Thursday have the chance to receive a $500 off coupon for purchases of $500. If you aren’t the lucky winner for that promo, you also have the chance to receive $100 off purchases of $100, or $10 off purchases of $10.
- Macy’s: You can get 12 freebies after mail-in rebate from 6AM to 1PM on Friday.
- Mills Fleet Farms: The first 500 customers through the doors on Friday will receive a free plush toy.
- Petco: Shop at Petco on Black Friday and get a free gift for your furry friend! If you make any in-store purchase with your Pals Rewards card, you’ll receive a free pair of antlers for your dog or cat.
- Rite Aid: Rite Aid has ear buds and other great freebies after in-store cashback.
- Shopko: Be one of the first 50 customers in-store on Thanksgiving afternoon, and you’ll receive two bonus cards. One will be valued at $10 and valid on Saturday, November 24. The other will be valued at $15, and it’ll be valid December 1 through December 24. Both will apply to home and clothing purchases.
- Stage Stores: The first 75 guests in-store on Thursday will receive a scratch-off card showing prizes, such as a $50 gift card, $200 gift card, or a $10 coupon that’s valid even on doorbusters. On Friday, the first 75 guests in-store can grab a free holiday tote and a $5 Thank You coupon, also valid on doorbusters.
- Stein Mart: Get to the store early on Black Friday and search for the hanger with the gold hanger sticker. If you’re the first to find it, you’ll win either $500 or $5,000. A $500 gift card will be available in every store, but the $5,000 prize will only show up in one store. Additionally, the first 100 shoppers in the door before 10 am on Friday or Saturday will receive a gold scratch-off ticket. It could be worth $5, $25, or $100.
- Walmart: Show up early for the Light Up Black Friday event! From 4 pm to 6 pm local time, Walmart stores will offer free coffee and Christmas cookies to shoppers before the sale begins on Thanksgiving.
- World Market: Be one of the first 100 customers in-store on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, and you’ll receive a free tote bag, as well as a $10 gift certificate.
I hope that list was useful for you. Don’t want to shop in-store? If you want to shop at home you can always try out our Amazon Promo Codes list here.
* While supplies last. Must redeem in-store.