Important Note: When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Content, pricing, offers and availability are subject to change at any time - more info.
Be An Elf has a great initiative going where parents and kids can actually write to Santa about their Christmas wishes, and receive their presents through the kind donations of volunteers who “adopt” their letters. All kids may write in, but the program and volunteers have an especially soft spot for families in need. A child writing a letter about how his/ her parents cannot afford presents (like new shoes, a warm coat, or school accessories) due to unemployment or ill-health is far more likely to receive their wish than a kid with a list of extravagant items such as an Xbox, laptop, model cars and the latest phone!
This isn’t to say that children can’t write in requesting a fancy item or two, but just to note that sincerity and real need will take preference. On that note – honesty is essential! Volunteers are, for the most part, everyday men and women who are doing the best they can. No one should take advantage of that sort of generosity. And if you aren’t need, you can still be part of Be An Elf as a volunteer spreading Christmas cheer. It’s thanks to people like you that a ton of kids will have something to smile about over the holidays.
Please note: letters must be mailed from one of these cities: Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, Denver, Grand Rapids – Michigan, Hatteras Island – North Carolina, Los Angeles, New York City, Okracoke Island – North Carolina, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Sacramento, San Juan – Puerto Rico, and Washington D.C.
How to write to Santa to request free presents:
- Visit the company’s website by clicking “Get This Offer (External Website)”.
- Kids can write in themselves about their sincere and honest wishes. You can also write on behalf of your kid if they are too young or unable to for medical reasons.
- The letters should be sincere and honest about your situation – that really shines through!
- All letters must be mailed to:
123 Elf Road,
North Pole, 88888
– Letters sent online, via email, or to any other address will not be accepted.
- All letters must be mailed by December 14th, 2019. Sooner is definitely better.
- And if you would like to volunteer or donate, that would be very appreciated too.
* Select cities only. Letters must be received by 12/14/19.