Comcast is offering a free Internet Essentials package for 90 days to eligible low income families in a bid to help families, and especially students, through COVID-19. Even families with outstanding debt more than one year old may still be eligible. Comcast has also increased the speed of the program’s internet service to 25 Mbps downstream and 3 Mbps upstream.
Please note: You will need to be eligible for public assistance programs such as the National School Lunch Program, Housing Assistance, Medicaid, SNAP, SSI, and others to qualify for this free offer from Comcast, but thankfully there are dedicated customer care agents to help you apply.
How to apply:
- Visit the company’s website by clicking “Get This Offer (External Website)”.
- Scroll down and hit “Apply Now”.
- Enter your name, contact information and address and hit “Next”.
- Provide additional details including social security number, if you have a child attending school and more.
- You may have to submit certain documents to complete your application.
- If approved, you will receive a Welcome Kit and internet equipment in 7-10 business days.
- Remember, you can also video chat with customer service agents in American Sign Language or phone 1-855-846-8376 (English) or 1-855-765-6995 (Spanish) to be assisted with your application. Good luck!
* For eligible US citizens only. Offer not valid to existing Xfinity Internet customers or those who have subscribed to Comcast Internet within the last 90 days. Applications must be submitted by 5/13/20 to qualify. Full terms and conditions apply.