According to CNBC, in 2020 the Amazon sample program will be shut down. Below is information about how the program worked.
Amazon has a free sampling program, it’s similar to how Amazon recommends products as you shop on their website. The best part is that you don’t have to do anything, there is no obligation to purchase or review the products. What happens is that big brands pay to have free samples sent out based on what they already know you are likely to purchase anyway. The data is taken from consumer habits (how you shop on Amazon) to match you with free samples. If you are a big Amazon lover, this is a great new way to get samples to try before you buy. And the best part is that it isn’t just for Amazon Prime, it’s for all Amazon accounts!
Amazon used to have sample boxes and single items you could buy and get a 100% credit towards related future purchases. As of 2019 they have a new sample program where they just send you free samples.
How to opt-in for Amazon free samples:
- Visit the company’s website by clicking “Get This Offer (External Website)”
- Login or signup for an account.
- Select “yes, I want to receive free samples.”
- Choose the categories of products that interest you most (categories include options like food/beverage, men or women’s grooming and beauty, pet products, office supplies, fitness, nutrition and more). Hit “Save preferences.”
- You will sometimes receive free samples from Amazon! Most of the time they will email you when you get one, or it’s included with your order.
Here is how to opt-out of Amazon free samples if you ever want to:
- Go here and select “No, I don’t want to receive free samples” and you will be opted out.
* Amazon.com account required. Shipping is free with Amazon Prime only.