Being a senior has its perks. It seems all sorts of places are offering discounts to senior citizens these days. Seniors can earn discounts on travel, dining, entertainment and even monthly bills. We’ve sought out the best discounts on the Web and listed our 25 favorites below:
• Outback Steakhouse: 15 percent off for AARP members Monday through Thursday. (excluding alcohol)
• Jack in the Box: Customers 55 and older receive up to 20 percent off order.
• Papa John’s: Customers 55 and older receive 25 percent off online orders by entering code “AARP25.”
• KFC: Free small drink with any meal for 55 and older.
• Carrabba’s Italian Grill: 20 percent off on Wednesdays for AARP members.
• Hardee’s: 65 and older receive 33-cent beverages every day.
• Applebee’s: Customers 60 and older receive 15 percent off their order with the Golden Apple Card.
• Airlines: American Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines and U.S. Airways offer various discounts for customers 65 and older, just call before booking for the discount.
• Car Rentals: AARP members receive up to 25 percent off at Alamo Car Rental, Avis and Hertz. They also receive 30 percent off at National Rent-A-Car and 20 percent off at Budget Rental Cars.
• Hotels: Guests 55 and over receive 10 percent off at Best Western. Those 62 and older receive 10 to 30 percent off at Holiday Inn.
• AMC Theaters: Up to 30 percent off offered to customers 55 and older.
• Regal Cinemas: 30 percent off for customers 55 and older.
• U.S. National Parks: Visitors 62 and older receive lifetime passes for $10 each, as well as 50 percent off additional services, including camping.
Cell Phone Discounts:
• Jitterbug: Cell phone service just $10 per month for customers 55 and older.
• AT&T: Customers 65 and older can sign up for the Special Senior Nation 200 Plan for $29.99 per month.
• Verizon Wireless: The Verizon Nationwide 65 Plus Plan is for customers 65 and older and costs just $29.99 per month.
• The Salvation Army Thrift Stores: Customers 55 and older receive up to 50 percent off.
• Bealls: Customers 50 and older receive 20 percent off on the first Tuesday of each month.
• Kohl’s: Customers 60 and older receive 15 percent off purchases.
• Belk’s: Customers 55 and older receive 15 percent off on the first Tuesday of every month.
• Stein Mart: Customers 55 and older receive 20 percent off red dot clearance items on the first Monday of every month.
Of course the total number of senior discounts numbers in the tens of thousands nationwide. Take a look at SeniorDiscounts.com to find what is offered to seniors in your local area.